Psychologist and Medical Sociologist , Meditation Teacher , Counselor
I have a B.A. in Psychology and PhD in Human Development & Family Studies. In 2020, I established Orca Dreams: Platform for Mindful Living, where I integrate my knowledge of psychology, sociology, women’s health, and mindfulness and provide courses, programs and counseling to individuals and organizations with a special focus on serving and connecting communities in Germany and Turkey through mindfulness. In joy and honor, I teach the first MBSR Courses in Turkish in Germany.
IMA: Institute für Achtsamkeit (MBSR Teacher Certificate)
Shai Tubali School of Meditation, Center for Human Greatness (Meditation Teacher Certificate)
RMT (Reiki Master Teacher)
• 20 years of Tai Chi and Qiqong experience. Continue training at the XUAN – Gong Fu Academy school for internal kung fu in Berlin.
• Be-in-Movement Workshop, Paul Linden, Spain, July 2019.
• Wudang Style 5 Animals Qiqong workshop with Master Yuan Li Min, Ming Shan Taoist Center, Switzerland, September 22-23, 2018.
• Retreats at Plum Village Center in France (December 2016-January 2017 and December 2018-January 2019).
• Assistant at the children’s program in the German-speaking “Family as Sangha” Retreat in the Institute for Applied Buddhism (led by Ms. Tineke Spruytenburg), Waldbrol, Germany, July 2018.
• Completed a workshop by Richard Brady on working with middle and high school youth. Brady is a former high school math teacher and founder member of Mindfulness in Education Network in the U.S.
• Tending the World, Tending Ourselves: Social Justice Work in Times of Uncertainty, 9-month program of Orca Dreams for activists in exile in Europe, supported in part by the Henrich Böll Stiftung Friends and Supporters Fund. January-October 2021.
• Tending the World, Tending Ourselves: Introduction to Mindfulness for Activists/Academics at Risk. Online workshop held at the Humboldt Foundation Philipp Schwartz and Inspireurope Stakeholder Forum 2021, April 17, 2021.
• Welcoming Spring Online Qiqong-Meditation Workshop with PUDUHEPA. March 15, 2021.
• Brief demo on walking meditation during the Mitglieder meeting of ISI: Initiative Selbständiger Immigrantinnen e.V. February 15, 2021.
• Online meditation-qiqong workshop for colleagues in Academics for Peace, Turkey, co-organized by Orca Dreams with the Turkish associations BIRARADA and TODAP. November 2020.
• Online MBSR Course in Turkish, November 2020-Present
• “From Grief to Joy” Sound and Meditation Workshop with Duygu Muziktherapie, May 30, 2021, Berlin.
• In person Qiqong-Meditation classes at the IBZ: Internationales Begegnungszentrum der WissenschaftV. in Berlin (December 2018-March 2020).
• Online Meditation classes (March-July, 2020) to support individuals at the beginning of the Pandemie.
• Online Qiqong and Meditation classes on The HomeWorkshops platform, Turkey, April-June 2020.
• In person Meditation Classes at the Human Greatness Center, Berlin, July 2020.